HotPatterns Sunshine Tops...Step by Step
Weekender Sunshine Tops
The HotPatterns team has made 2 terrific descriptive videos about this pattern...here are the links:
SUNSHINE TOP VIDEO, Part 1
SUNSHINE TOP VIDEO, Part 2
Pattern Description from the envelope-
You won’t believe how much mileage you’ll get from these great tops until you make them yourself! These tops are designed for T-shirt or knit fabrics with a little stretch. Try beading the neckband or add beads to the tunic drawstring for a pretty look. Relaxed, scoop-neck Tops are gathered onto a deep neckband at the front ...mix & match lengths & sleeve styles for your perfect top. Tank is sleeveless with a ribbed hip band, T-shirt has cap sleeves and finishes at the lower hip, and Tunic has short sleeves and applied drawstring casing. Try these lovely tops with simple pants, skirts or shorts, under your favorite jackets or cardigans, or team them with your jeans for a great casual outfit.
2. Place the bands RIGHT SIDES TOGETHER, and stitch the inner circle. Then clip the curve. Now you have ONE Neckline Band.
3. Under-stitch the the seam allowances to the Interfaced side of the Neckline Band.
4. Match the edges of the Neckline Band, WRONG SIDES TOGETHER, and press.
5. Sew the front bodice pieces Right Sides Together at the shoulder seams. Gather the front neckline between the notches.
6. Match the RIGHT side of the Neck-Band to the RIGHT side of the neck opening, matching the notches and adjusting the gathers as needed. Stitch the Neck-Band to the shirt through all layers.
7. This is what the sewn neckline of the Sunshine Top will look like from the Right Side.
8. The last steps are attaching the sleeves and stitching the side seams and hems as you would with any simple top or T-shirt.
SEWING NOTES: Pattern from HotPatterns, Pro-Sheer Elegance Interfacing from Fashion Sewing Supply, Fabric from my stash.